The NAV Adapter allows the Jet Data Manager to read in required objects used by the Jet Data Manager that pertain to the metadata that is stored in NAV. The NAV Adapter must be imported and executed in order for the Jet Data Manager to properly synchronize with the NAV database.
Download and unzip the Jet Analytics installation media from the following URL: https://www.jetglobal.com/downloads
Open the NAV classic client using a login that has permissions to import and run objects from the Object Designer:
- Determine the version of NAV your organization uses by going to Help >> About
- If no database isn't currently selected, open the appropriate database by going to File >> Database >> Open
- If no company is currently selected, open the appropriate company by going to File >> Company >> Open
- Open the Object Designer by going to Tools >> Object Designer
- Open the Import Objects window by going to File >> Import
- Navigate to the unzipped files from Step 1, and navigate through the folders
1-Jet Analytics- REQUIRED >> Jet Analytics NAV Adapter >> Jet Analytics NAV 2009 and Earlier Adapter
Select the file that matches your version of NAV (as determined back in Step 2-1).
If using a service pack or similar, select the file that matches the base version.
for NAV 5.0 SP1, select the AdapaterSetupNAV500.fob file
for NAV 2009 R2, select the AdapterSetupNAV2009.fob file
If the import was successful, you can click "Yes" in the resulting dialog box. We recommend to click "No" instead though, so that you can visually double-check the Import Worksheet on the next screen.If the Import box states that conflicts were found, click Cancel to cancel the import. This implies that there are already objects that exist in the range that will be imported. Contact your Jet dealer for further assistance.
In the Object Designer, click the Form button, and find the new entry named Adapter Setup
Note: the object ID range has been updated to the 14 million range to avoid conflicting objects that may already exist in the database.
In the Adapter Setup form, perform the following tasks;
- In the Standard Setup File field, choose the text file that most appropriately matches your version of NAV, which is located in the same folder path as determined back in Step 2-6 .
- In the Update Time field, enter the value of 1 and press the <TAB> key on your keyboard
- Click Functions >> Create Data
In the Object screen that appears, you can enter in the ID's for any objects that you would like to skip during the Adapter Setup process. For most installations, this is left blank. If any objects need to be skipped, enter them in the following format:
Click OK to proceed.
A progress window will appear, detailing the progress of the NAV adapter.