To ensure a fast and successful deployment of the Jet Hub, please review the content included in this checklist prior to your scheduled installation.
During this installation, we will be installing and configuring the following items:
- Jet Service Tier and database
- Jet Administration Console
- Jet Dashboard Builder (Optional)
- Configure IIS to enable secure communication
Obtain a valid SSL Certificate
A 'Self-Signed' certificate can be used for the purposes of installation and trial/demo but is NOT recommended for use with production environments.
- Certificate must be either a 'Domain Validation' or 'Wildcard Domain Validation' certification type.
- It is recommended that the certificate not be a 'Self-Signed' variant; this type will not work when viewing the Jet Hub via mobile devices.
- If the Certificate is accompanied by a 'Certification Authority' file, keep this available.
Setup a Domain Name (DNS)
- Domain needs to be covered by the SSL Certificate used above.
- Typically, this will look something like 'jet.YOURDOMAIN.com' or 'reports.YOURDOMAIN.com'.
- This Domain needs to be public facing and capable of resolving both internally and externally of your network.
- Port 442 & 443 (or equivalent) on the IIS Server needs to be opened and visible outside of your network.
Identify the server(s) that will be used
Different configurations exist for setup, but the supported and recommended setup is for all components to be installed on the same machine. If they are on separate machines (maximum of 2), extra steps will be required.The server(s) and user account(s) being used with the Jet Hub MUST use Active Directory with Windows Authentication.
- Name (or IPv4 address) of server that will be hosting SQL Server (and the name of the SQL Server instance if applicable)
- Name (or IPv4 address) of server that will be hosting IIS (if different than the previous server)
Install prerequisite software and ensure machines are ready
Please install the prerequisite software prior to scheduling an installation. The software listed below can take a significant amount of time to download and install.
- Ensure that Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, 3.5, and 4.5 are installed and enabled.
- Ensure that Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager is installed.
- Check server(s) to see if Windows updates are pending that would require a restart. If this is the case, please do this prior to the installation.
- Ensure that you have at least one supported data source
- (Jet Analytics Dashboards Only) Ensure that the Jet Analytics Cubes have been deployed and executed.
Have an account with necessary permissions for the installation
During installation, an account with the following permissions will be required.
- Administrator rights on server(s).
- Administrator rights for the SQL Server instance.
- Administrator rights on the Domain controller.
- Each Jet Hub user (for the Dashboard Builder and Jet Hub) must have access to the appropriate databases.
Have the Jet Hub installation files downloaded
The installer for the Jet Hub is included in the Jet Reports installation file. This file is large (100MB+) and may take some time to download on your network. The version will be checked prior to installation and may require that the latest version be downloaded as part of the installation process. If you do not have a recent version of the installation media or are unable to locate the files, please obtain this file prior to installation from here: Jet Reports Installation Files.