To create a Calculated Measure within the Jet Data Manager, navigate to the 'Cubes' tab and expand the 'Cubes' tree. Once there, expand the cube that you would like to create a Calculated Measure for and then right-click on 'Measures'. This will present you with a menu in which you'll select 'Add Calculated Measure'.
A new window with the following selections will appear:
- In the Name field, type a name for the calculated measure.
- In the Format string field, specify how you want the numeric results displayed.
- Check the Visible box if you want the value to be displayed in the front-end application.
- In the Non-empty behavior list, select the measure or measures used to resolve NONEMPTY queries in MDX. This is optional and left blank by default.
- In the Expression field, write an MDX statement or, in the Measures list, drag the measures to be used for the calculated measure into the work space in the middle.
- For "Measure list" Expressions:
- Drag and drop any relevant item from the list on the right hand side into the Expression field.
- All mathematical symbols are allowed to create your calculation.
- For MDX based Expressions:
- Your expression should only contain the definition of your MDX query.
- In general, this will be everything following your initial 'AS' statement yet before your 'SELECT' statement.