Jet Reports can be installed and used in a variety of "shared desktop" environments including Citrix and Terminal Services (Remote Desktop).
In order to use Jet Reports in a shared environment, the following guidelines apply:
- Publish the entire desktop (Jet Global is unable to support using Jet Reports in a shared environment if the entire desktop is not published [i.e., "shared app"])
- Jet Reports, Excel and your data source must all be installed on the shared desktop (if you are using Jet Reports with NAV 4.0sp1 through 2009R2, the NAV Client and C/Front must be be installed on the shared desktop as well).
- If you are using an OLE connector, you will need to have the OLE driver installed for your particular database.
- If you are using ODBC, you need to have a data source configured in your ODBC Data Source Administrator, as well as having the connection to that data source configured in Jet Reports.
- Regardless of how you decide to configure Jet Reports, the Excel options and Jet options are stored on a per-user basis. This means that each user will have to enable the Jet add-in by using either...
Enable Jet Add-In from the Start Menu: or starting Excel with the Jet Reports desktop app:
It also means that your database security will be maintained since each user's credentials are stored separately.
Please be sure to install Jet Reports by following all recommended best practices for installing in a Remote Desktop environment (ensure that: no users are in Excel, you are in "install mode", etc.).