C/Front is a Microsoft Dynamics NAV tool which handles communications between Dynamics NAV and other applications.
When using the Jet Excel add-in with Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 R2 or earlier, it is important to use a version of C/Front that is compatible with the version of your NAV. In many cases the Jet Excel add-in can automatically choose the best version of C/Front to use with your version of NAV. However, Microsoft would often release hotfixes or updates of the NAV executables and the Jet Excel add-in may not be able to choose a compatible version of C/Front in that situation.
Jet Reports versions 2011 and higher
From the Data Source Settings window, go to the Advanced tab and enter the path to C/Front in the C/Front folder setting.
Jet Reports 2009 (version 9.2) though Jet Reports 2010 R2
Jet Reports selects the version of C/Front to use in this order:
- Checks the Data Sources.xml file (located in %AppData%\Jet Reports) for a specific C/Front directory.
- Checks the installed version of C/Front. If that version has the same major version as the NAV executables Jet will use the installed version.
- If no C/Front directory is specified in the Data Sources.xml and the there is no version of C/Front installed or the installed version is incompatible with the NAV executables then Jet Excel add-in will attempt to choose the best match from the versions of C/Front in the c:\program files\jetreports\jetfront folder.
To specify a particular version of C/Front to use:
- Type %AppData%\Jet Reports in Windows Explorer.
Open the Data Sources.xml file in a text editor (such as Notepad)
- Find the data source to change by searching for <dataSource name="data source name to search for".
Within this node there is an element called <setting name="CFrontDirectory".
- Change the CFrontDirectory element's value to the directory containing the desired cfront.dll and cfrontsql.dll files.
Initially the element will look like this:
To specify the C/Front directory as "C:\Program Files\CFront" change it to this:
Save and close the Data Sources.xml file.