When attempting to run a report, the following warning is displayed:
Complete text of error message is:
Excel is current in compatibility mode. Using Jet in compatibility mode can cause unexpected behavior.
Excel is currently emulating an older version of Excel. This emulation is referred to as Compatibility Mode. As noted in the message, Running Excel in Compatibility Mode may cause strange behavior in Jet reports. Errors are usually inconsistent and hard to reproduce. Examples of issues caused by Compatibility Mode include:
- Excel hangs when running or opening reports
- Reports cannot be run from Report mode
- Reports run slowly
- Sheets do not replicate correctly
- It is not possible to replicate more than 65000 rows
To prevent this warning message from appearing each time you run a report, please make sure that Excel is no longer running in Compatibility Mode. To exit Compatibility Mode, do all of the following:
Ensure that the workbook is saved in the standard Excel format (.xlsx)
Ensure that the default save format is configured for the standard Excel format (.xlsx) by going to:
- Office 2007: Office Button > Excel Options > Save, and change the Save files in this format: to Excel Workbook (*.xlsx)
- Newer versions of Office: File > Options > Save, and change the Save files in this format to Excel Workbook (*.xlsx)
Ensure that there is not a network policy applied to Excel setting the default save format to .xls. You may need to ask your IT professional about this.