What is Considered Technical Support?
At Jet Global, it is important to us to relieve clients from technical concerns. Hence we try our best to provide technical support to our clients in a timely manner and provide effective solutions. In order for us to achieve this, we need a thorough description of the issue the client is experiencing and a screen shot of any errors that they may have experienced.
There is a fine line between what is a support question versus what is a consulting question. Some topics that are considered to be technical support issues are:
- Questions about software compatibility and hardware requirements
- Issues regarding Jet Analytics installation and configuration
- Jet Data Manager error messages
- Execution packages no longer running
What is Considered a Billable Consultation?
Questions regarding data warehouse or cube design are usually considered a billable consultation. These are outside the scope of technical support as they are not related to the technical software issues but rather related to training and consulting. Jet Global will exercise discretion when a request is received and notify the client if a billable service is requested and await client approval before resolving the issue. Inquiries that Jet Global can resolve quickly will not generally be considered billable. Some topics that are considered to be a billable consultation are:
- Questions on how to modify the data warehouse or cubes to meet specific business needs
- Questions about where to find data
- Requests to build reports or dashboards
- Performance tuning of execution packages
Instructing end users on how to customize the Jet Analytics solution
If you are unsure if your inquiry is a technical issue or a billable consultation, we still encourage you to submit a support request. Furthermore, you may also consider posting your question in the Jet Global Help Center Community area where end users who are passionate about Jet Global are sharing reports, ideas, and talking about Jet Global.