In order to use the Jet Excel add-in with Citrix, the following guidelines apply:
- Publish the entire desktop (we are not able to support using Jet with Citrix if the entire desktop is not published)
- The Jet Excel add-in, Excel and your data source are all installed on the Citrix desktop (If you are using Jet with Dynamics NAV 2009R2 or earlier, the NAV Classic Client and C/Front must be installed on the Citrix desktop as well).
- If you are using an OLE connector, you will need to have the OLE driver installed for your particular database.
- If you are using ODBC, you need to have a data source configured in your ODBC Data Source Administrator, as well as the connection to that data source configured in Jet Reports.
- Regardless of how you decide to configure Jet, the Excel options and Jet options are stored on a per-user basis. This means that each user will have to run "Enable Jet Add-In" from the Start Menu to get access to Jet and enter their username and password if using a data source with database authentication. It also means that your database security will be maintained since each user's credentials are stored separately.
Note: Please be sure to install all Jet components by following all recommended best practices for installing in a Citrix environment (ensure that: no users are in Excel, you are in "install mode", etc.).