At Jet Global, it is important to us to relieve clients from technical concerns. Hence we try our best to provide technical support to our clients in a timely manner and provide effective solutions. In order for us to achieve this, we need a thorough description of the issue the client is experiencing and a screen shot of any errors that they may have experienced.
What is Considered Technical Support?
There is a fine line between what is a support question versus what is a consulting question. Some topics that are considered to be technical support issues are:
- Questions about software compatibility and hardware requirements
- Issues regarding Jet Reports installation and configuration
- Jet Report error messages
- Jet Functions returning #VALUE errors
What is Considered a Billable Consultation?
Questions regarding report design are usually considered a billable consultation. These are outside the scope of technical support as they are not related to the technical software issues but rather related to training and consulting. Jet Global will exercise discretion when a support ticket is received and notify the client if a billable service is requested and await client approval before resolving the issue. Inquiries that Jet Global can resolve quickly will not generally be considered billable. Some topics that are considered to be a billable consultation are:
- Questions on how to design a report
- Questions about where to find data
- Questions about Excel functionality