At insightsoftware, it is important for us to relieve clients of technical concerns. We try our best to provide technical support to our clients in a timely manner, and provide effective solutions. In order for us to achieve this, we need a thorough description of the issue the client is experiencing and a screenshot of any errors that they may have experienced.
The below article goes over what is considered covered by Technical Support, and what may constitute a billable consultation.
What is Considered Technical Support?
There is a fine line between what is a support question versus what is a consulting question. Some topics that are considered to be technical support issues are:
- Questions about software compatibility and hardware requirements
- Issues regarding Jet Reports installation and configuration
- Jet Reports or Jet Data Manager error messages
- Jet functions returning #VALUE errors
- Installation or connectivity issues with the Jet Service Tier or Jet Hub
- Troubleshooting standard installation of Jet Data Manager/Jet Analytics
- Execution packages no longer running
What is Considered a Billable Consultation?
Questions regarding report or project design are usually considered a billable consultation. These are outside the scope of technical support as they are not related to the technical software issues but rather related to training and consulting. Jet Services representatives will exercise discretion when a request is received and notify the client if their request constitutes a billable service.
Inquiries that Jet Services can resolve quickly will not generally be considered billable. Some topics that are considered to be a billable consultation are:
- Questions on how to design a report or dashboard
- Questions about where to find data
- Questions about Excel functionality
- Questions on how to modify the data warehouse or cubes to meet specific business needs
- Performance tuning of execution packages
- Instructing end users on how to customize the Jet Analytics solution
- General training or consulting needs