Jet Hub supports the vast majority of all features present in the Jet Excel add-in.
Supported Excel Formats
All files to be uploaded to Jet Hub must be in .XLSX format.
Supported Excel Functions
The following Excel functions are supported in the latest release of Jet Hub. Those not in this list will fail to calculate if they are either dependent upon or a dependency of a Jet function:
A-C D-H I-L M-Sq St-Z
Note: These functions are supported in the most recent versions. Older versions may not support a specific function
Functions utilizing the LINK= must:
- include all filters within the function OR...
- if using the NL("Link) function within a replicating function [ NL(Rows) or NL(Columns) ] :
- the NL("Link") must be on the same row as the replicating function OR...
- the NL("Link) must be referenced using Excel's absolute referencing ($)
NL("Rows","Sales Invoice Header","No.","Posting Date",">1/1/2009","LINK=","Sales Invoice Line","Document No.","=No.","Type","Item")
Function and Report Limitations
Currently, there are some features that are not available for use with Jet Hub.
The following data sources are not supported in Jet Hub:
- Dynamics NAV 2009 and earlier (C/Front)
Some function arguments are required to be constant. This means that they must be either hard-coded in the formula or be absolute cell references to cells that are not Report Options. These include:
Function Arguments that must be constant: NL
- Formula (must be a text string in the function)
GL (Dynamics NAV)
- Exclude Close
GL (Dynamics GP)
- Include Unposted
- Include Unapproved
Pivot Table Limitations (unsupported features):
- OLAP-Backed Pivot Tables
- Conditional Formatting
Pivot Field Settings
Setting Unsupported Value Layout > Insert blank line after each item label enabled Layout > Repeat Item Labels enabled Layout > Show items with no data enabled Layout > Include new items in manual filter enabled
Pivot Value Field Settings
- Show Data As:
- Difference From
- % Difference From
- Rank largest to smallest
- Rank smallest to largest
- Running total in
- Show data as "(next)" and "(previous)" options are not supported.
- Show Data As:
Pivot Table Filters
- Label Filters:
- Between - wildcards are not supported.
- Not Between - wildcards are not supported.
- Value Filters:
- Not Equals
- Greater Than
- Greater Than or Equal
- Less Than
- Less Than or Equal
- Not Between
- Top 10
- Report Filters
- Label Filters:
Pivot Table Options
Layout and format
Setting Unsupported Value Merge and center cells with labels enabled Display fields in report filter area Over, then Down Report filter fields per \[row|column] \[n] enabled For error values show /[text] enabled Preserve cell formatting on update disabled
Totals and Filters
Setting Unsupported Value Allow multiple filters per field enabled Use Custom Lists when sorting disabled Subtotal filtered page items
(only available for pivot tables based on an OLAP data source supporting MXD express subselect syntax)
Setting Unsupported Value Show contextual tooltips disabled Display field captions and filter dropdowns disabled Classic PivotTable layout enabled Show the Values row enabled Field List Sort A to Z PivotTable Options > Display > "Show items with no data on rows" enabled PivotTable Options > Display > "Show items with no data on columns" enabled Show properties in tool-tips disabled (default) Display item labels when no fields are in the values area
(only applies to pivot tables created using Excel 2003 or earlier)
Setting Unsupported Value Save source data with file disabled Enable show details disabled Refresh data when opening the file enabled Retain items deleted from the data source > Number of items to retain per field
The following functions and report features are not currently supported in Jet Hub:
- Stored User Data
- External workbook connections (e.g. OLAP Pivot Tables) cannot be refreshed from Excel online.
- External workbook connections to other workbooks (Excel > Data > Edit Links) cannot be refreshed in Jet Hub.
- Use of the VALID and TOOLTIP keywords with the Report Options feature.
- Using NL("Picture") to retrieve an image from a file.